Subject: [IPsec] draft-bhatia-ipsecme-esp-null-00.txt

From: "Bhatia, Manav \(Manav\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 06:35:14 +0530

Hi,

I have written a small draft describing my proposal. It incorporates the
feedback that I received from the mailing list and offline. I think the
main difference between this draft and the WG draft is that while the
latter requires a new IP protocol number, mine uses one of the reserved
SPI values (keeping the protocol number intact) to disambiguate ESP-NULL
from the encrypted ESP packets.

In my proposal nothing happens to the ESP packets on the noncompliant
intermediaries, while in case of the latter, they would probably get
dropped (as those packets would not be recognized).

I have submitted a copy to internet-drafts and it should be available
online in a few days. The WG could meanwhile, review the attached draft.
Would appreciate comments and feedback!

Thanks, Manav

--
Manav Bhatia,
IP Division, Alcatel-Lucent,
Bangalore - India

_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec