Subject: [IPsec] MIGRATE/KMADDRESS support available in strongSwan

From: [email-masked] (Arnaud Ebalard)
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:15:17 -0800

Hi,

just a quick note for those interested by the topic. Andreas Steffen and
Martin Willi have added support for MIGRATE/KMADDRESS in strongSwan
IKEv2 daemon (Charon) as specified in [1].

> - Mobile IPv6 support
>   -------------------
>
>   Basic Mobile IPv6 support has been introduced, securing Binding Update
>   messages as well as tunneled traffic between Mobile Node and Home
>   Agent. The installpolicy=no option allows peaceful cooperation with
>   a dominant mip6d daemon and the new type=transport_proxy implements
>   the special MIPv6 IPsec transport proxy mode where the IKEv2 daemon
>   uses the Care-of-Address but the IPsec SA is set up for the Home
>   Address.
>
>   http://wiki.strongswan.org/wiki/MobileIPv6
>
>   Fully supports migration of Mobile IPv6 connections making use of the
>   KMADDRESS field contained in XFRM_MSG_MIGRATE messages sent by the
>   mip6d daemon via the Linux 2.6.28 (or appropriately patched) kernel.

Addition of support in racoon (IKEv1) daemon is ongoing. I will post a
quick note on the list when it is completed.

Cheers,

a+

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ebalard-mext-pfkey-enhanced-migrate-00
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec