Subject: [IPsec] #46: Exchange type for INVALID_IKE_SPI outside of an IKE_SA

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2008 17:09:21 +0200

For the one-way INVALID_IKE_SPI notification described in RFC 4306
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4306>  section 1.5, it is unclear to me what
the Exchange Type should be in the IKE header.  Should it be 37
(INFORMATIONAL) or should it be copied from the request that contained the
unrecognized SPI?

The room: Kero Tivinen doesn't care as long as there is *exactly* one
answer.
Comment made that copying this [from the request] is implied by existing
text [i.e. need to clarify].
_______________________________________________
IPsec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec

---

From: Keith Welter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 10:59:48 -0800

> text [i.e. need to clarify].
My preference is to copy the exchange type from the request since that 
conveys more information than always using 37 (INFORMATIONAL).

Keith Welter
IBM Enterprise Networking Solutions