Subject: Re: [IPsec] Roadmap -07: two minor and one major comments

From: "Frankel, Sheila E." <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 20:56:23 -0400

We just submitted version -08 of the Roadmap doc. As Yaron requested, we changed the reference in section 5.2.4 and eliminated Appendix A. We left RFC 4359 in the doc, since some (but not all) of the msec RFCs were deleted, but we felt this one should remain. (It's not one of the RFCs that Pasi wanted deleted.)

Sheila and Suresh
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Yaron Sheffer [[email-masked]]
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2010 2:38 AM
To: IPsecme WG
Subject: [IPsec] Roadmap -07: two minor and one major comments

5.2.4: [draft-ietf-ipsecme-aes-ctr-ikev2] is used as a reference,
instead of [ipsecme-2].

6.5 (rfc 4359 on using RSA with ESP/AH): if all of msec goes away, I
don't see a reason to leave this one in. There's absolutely no reason to
implement it other than multicast.

Also, per my comment to -06, I still think that Appendix A (req levels
for RFCs that are *not* algorithms) needs to go:

- It mostly consists of empty space, "optional" and "N/A".
- It adds normative weight to an informative document.
- It is of little use to implementers. People will be reading the
roadmap doc itself to decide what RFCs they need in their product, based
on market needs.

Thanks,
        Yaron

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 09:49:00 -0400

I placed it on the 2010-08-12 telechat.

spt