Subject: [IPsec] Fwd: I-D Action:draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-02.txt

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 00:15:26 +0300

<co-chair hat off>

Hi,

following the group's decision to stop working on PAKE, we would like to 
progress this draft as an individual submission and publish it as 
Experimental. I expect other PAKE proposals to follow a similar path.

Anyway, we believe the draft is now in reasonably good shape, and would 
appreciate comments off-list.

Thanks,
     Yaron

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-02.txt
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2010 12:15:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

     Title           : Password Authenticated Connection Establishment 
with IKEv2
     Author(s)       : D. Kuegler, Y. Sheffer
     Filename        : draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-02.txt
     Pages           : 15
     Date            : 2010-07-11

IKEv2 does not allow secure peer authentication when using short
credential strings, i.e. passwords.  Several proposals have been made
to integrate password-authentication protocols into IKE.  This
document provides an adaptation of PACE (Password Authenticated
Connection Establishment) to the setting of IKEv2 and demonstrates
the advantages of this integration.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kuegler-ipsecme-pace-ikev2-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.