Subject: [IPsec] RFC 5996 on Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 2 (IKEv2)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 12:38:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5996

        Title:      Internet Key Exchange Protocol Version 
                    2 (IKEv2) 
        Author:     C. Kaufman, P. Hoffman,
                    Y. Nir, P. Eronen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       September 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      138
        Characters: 346466
        Obsoletes:  RFC4306, RFC4718

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2bis-11.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5996.txt

This document describes version 2 of the Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
protocol.  IKE is a component of IPsec used for performing mutual
authentication and establishing and maintaining Security Associations
(SAs).  This document replaces and updates RFC 4306, and includes all
of the clarifications from RFC 4718.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Security Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Yaron Sheffer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 22:09:51 +0200

Dear IPsec-heads,

RFC 5996 - IKEv2-bis, is a major accomplishment of this community.

I would like to thank the authors: Charlie, Paul, Yoav and Pasi for a 
great deal of time and effort that went into polishing this document. 
And to thank the many people on this mailing list who participated in 
hundreds of discussion threads leading to this point.

I am sure even RFC 5996 is not perfect, but we are all due some 
congratulations today!

Thanks,
	Yaron

On 09/14/2010 09:38 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> IPsec mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipsec