Subject: [IPsec] Last Call: <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-intermediate-08.txt> (Intermediate Exchange in the IKEv2 Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 06:54:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the IP Security Maintenance and
Extensions WG (ipsecme) to consider the following document: - 'Intermediate
Exchange in the IKEv2 Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-intermediate-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2022-02-24. Exceptionally, comments may
be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This documents defines a new exchange, called Intermediate Exchange,
   for the Internet Key Exchange protocol Version 2 (IKEv2).  This
   exchange can be used for transferring large amounts of data in the
   process of IKEv2 Security Association (SA) establishment.
   Introducing the Intermediate Exchange allows re-using the existing
   IKE fragmentation mechanism, that helps to avoid IP fragmentation of
   large IKE messages, but cannot be used in the initial IKEv2 exchange.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-ipsecme-ikev2-intermediate/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.