Subject: Editorial: Values for Traffic Selector Types in draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:09:12 -0700

<Generic greeting>. In section 3.13.1 of draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2, the 
Traffic Selector Types are listed as:

       TS Type                           Value
       -------                           -----
       RESERVED                            0

       TS_IPV4_ADDR_RANGE                  7

             A range of IPv4 addresses, represented by two four (4) octet
             values.  The first value is the beginning IPv4 address
             (inclusive) and the second value is the ending IPv4 address
             (inclusive). All addresses falling between the two specified
             addresses are considered to be within the list.

       TS_IPV6_ADDR_RANGE                  8

             A range of IPv6 addresses, represented by two sixteen (16)
             octet values.  The first value is the beginning IPv6 address
             (inclusive) and the second value is the ending IPv6 address
             (inclusive). All addresses falling between the two specified
             addresses are considered to be within the list.

Either the two values should be renumbered to 1 and 2, or the first 
line should be changed to "RESERVED 0-6". Otherwise, someone later is 
going to try to assign the lower-value numbers or, worse, think that 
they can use the other values from IKEv1.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium