Subject: IKEv2 last call: editorial request

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 18:19:23 -0400

Section 3.10.1 specifies tunnel/transport mode negotiation as:

USE_TRANSPORT_MODE                       24585

            This notification MAY be included in a request message that
            also includes an SA requesting a CHILD_SA. It requests that
            the CHILD_SA use transport mode rather than tunnel mode for
            the SA created. If the request is accepted, the response
            MUST also include a notification of type USE_TRANSPORT_MODE.
            If the responder declines the request, the CHILD_SA will be
            established in tunnel mode. If this is unacceptable to the
            initiator, the initiator MUST delete the SA. Note: except
            when using this option to negotiate transport mode, all
            CHILD_SAs will use tunnel mode.

Please add:

		Note: The ECN decapsulation modifications specified in
		Section 2.24 MUST be performed for every tunnel mode SA
		created by IKEv2.

This complements the forward reference from 2.24 to 3.10.1.

Thanks,
--David

----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------