Subject: IPSec NAT Pass thorugh ..

From: "praveen kumar vemula" <[email-masked]>
Date: 9 Jun 2003 13:37:48 -0000

hi all,

i doing study on IPSec NAT pass though .
in IPSec automatic key negotiation using IKE ( Main mode) , 
negotiating packets will be carrying peers IP Address.
  when it has to pass through NAT , surely it will fail at the 
other end, as ip address get translated .
(please correct if my understanding is wrong)

so, for SA estabilishment in main mode we have to use 
identification other than ip address, like domain name , email id 
..

is there any free softwares, or  well known vendors have 
implemnation with this . i tired using windows 2000, looks like it 
not supporting ..

any inputs for this mail will be great helpful ..

thanks in advance ,

Praveen
___________________________________________________
Impress your clients! Send mail from me @ mycompany.com .
Just Rs.1499/year.
Click http://www.rediffmailpro.com to know more.