Subject: New IKEv2 draft -08

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 11:14:14 -0400

Just to let people know, I posted a revised IKEv2 draft incorporating
the recent comments. There were no bits on the wire changes, but a
substantial number of fixed typos and clarifications. I believe the
intent is to go to last call with this one. It hasn't shown up on the
I-D site yet, but Paul Hoffman has temporarily posted it on his site
(as he announced Saturday):

> Charlie has posted a new version of the main IKEv2 document. A
> temporary version can be found at
> <http://www.vpnc.org/ietf-ipsec/TEMP-draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-08.txt>
>
> --Paul Hoffman, Director
> --VPN Consortium

---

From: Markus Friedl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:27:30 +0200

On Tue, Jun 03, 2003 at 11:14:14AM -0400, [email-masked] wrote:
> the recent comments.

Hello,

since IKEv2 includes support for NAT/T, I'd like to know how
IKEv2 is affected by the IPR/patent claims that exist for several
NAT traversal methods.  Does anyone have pointers about the nature
of these IPR claims and what exactily is affected by these claims.
Encapsulating ESP in UDP seems very trivial, so I doubt that
this is all the patents are about.

Any help appreciated.
thanks, -markus

---

From: Markus Friedl <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 22:42:44 +0200

Hello,

Any help appreciated.
thanks, -markus