Subject: Nortel Contivity Client with XAuth (Key-ID)

From: "Vohra, Meenakshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:34:58 -0700

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to evaluate the Nortel's Contivity Client evaluation copy. After
discovering the user name being sent as hash by Nortel client which I am
able to resolve I am also seeing the client sending authentication method as
pre-shared key. I want to test the client with XAuth so was wondering if
someone could suggest me how to configure xauth-preshared-key as
authentication method on the Nortel Client. So far I am using Authentication
option as Username and password Authentication on Nortel Client.

Thanks a lot,
Meenakshi

---

From: "Vohra, Meenakshi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 20:08:03 -0700

Actually, I am trying to evaluate Nortel Client with our VPN gateway that
supports XAuth. Following are the two observations I have seen so far:
Firstly, I am seeing that Contivity Client is sending me the authentication
method as pre-shared key instead of expected xauth-presharedkey even though
I have selected Authentication option as "Username and Password
authentication" on Client. How to configure client to make it send
xauth-presharedkey as authentication method.

Secondly, if I try with the preshared key authentication method in the
Aggressive mode message sent by the client, the Gateway's response is not
being accepted by Nortel Client even though I took care of the pre-shared
key as prf(passphrase, username) as mentioned in this mail and the draft
<http://www.globecom.net/ietf/draft/draft-mamros-pskeyext-00.html> 

Some non-standard attributes are also being sent by the Client. Does the
client expects them back ?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks,
- Meenakshi

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Bantoft [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 4:45 AM
To: Vohra, Meenakshi
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Users] Re: [sfs-dev] Nortel Contivity Client with XAuth
(Key-ID)

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

On Thu, 19 Jun 2003, Vohra, Meenakshi wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> 
> I am trying to evaluate the Nortel's Contivity Client evaluation copy with
> my gateway. After discovering the user name being sent as hash by Nortel
> client which I am able to resolve I am also seeing the client sending
> authentication method as pre-shared key. I want to test the client with
> XAuth so was wondering if someone could suggest me how to configure
> xauth-preshared-key as authentication method on the Nortel Client. So far
I
> am using Authentication option as Username and password Authentication on
> Nortel Client.

I don't quite understand what you're trying to do here... but FreeS/WAN 
doesn't support XAUTH, so if you're trying inter-op, it won't work.

- -- 
Ken Bantoft                Super FreeS/WAN Maintainer
[email-masked]            http://www.freeswan.ca
                           PGP Key: finger [email-masked]
"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."
                    		-- Voltaire

_______________________________________________
Users mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.freeswan.org/mailman/listinfo/users