Subject: ECN and issue 58

From: Tero Kivinen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 21:07:49 +0300

The issue 58 is marked closed, but the section 2.24 is still there in
the draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-10.txt. I think we should remove the first
paragraph of the section, and simply say that we will do ECN as
specified in the RFC@401bis.
-- 
[email-masked]
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/
SSH IPSEC Toolkit                            http://www.ssh.fi/ipsec/

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 20:14:01 -0400

Tero,

> specified in the RFC2401bis.

I'm a little uncomfortable with the wholesale removal of design
explanation/rationale that would result.  As an alternative, would
it be ok w/you if I whacked that first paragraph down to a fraction of
its size (and took out some of the details) to focus on the important
point (RFC2401bis encapsulation changes are "MUST use" in order to
avoid breaking ECN)?

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------