Subject: 2401bis Issue #69 -- Multiple protocols per SPD entry

From: Karen Seo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 20:27:53 -0400

Folks,

Here's a description and proposed approach for:

IPsec Issue #:	69

Title:		Multiple protocols per SPD entry

Description:
============
How does one SPD entry cover multiple protocols associated with one 
port, e.g., TCP/NFS and UDP/NFS?

Proposed approach:
==================
The addition of support for lists of ranges of selectors (Issue #47) 
in an SPD entry allows a single port (e.g., a well-known port) to be 
used with multiple protocols, on the same SA. It also allows multiple 
ports under the same protocol to be mapped to one SA, etc. Note, 
however, that this capability does not permit an SPD entry to specify 
that different ports in a list are to be used with different 
protocols. Thus, for example, if an SPD entry contains a list with 
both TCP and UDP, and the entry contains destination ports A & B, 
then TCP and UDP traffic for either port will be acceptable for the 
resulting SA.

Thank you,
Karen

---

From: Ravi Kumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:04:00 +0530

Hi,
     I feel the proposed solution can be extended to support 'Port range'.
    Today,  we have facility to negotiate a port or all ports. Adding 'port 
range'
     in Security Policy and providing a way to negotiate through IKE will solve
    some practical problems.
   Regards
  Ravi

 > ----- Original Message -----
 > From: "Karen Seo" <[email-masked]>
 > To: "ipsec mailingList" <[email-masked]>
 > Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Angelos D. Keromytis" 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
 > Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 5:27 PM
 > Subject: 2401bis Issue #69 -- Multiple protocols per SPD entry
 >
 >
 > > Folks,
 > >
 > > Karen >

The Views Presented in this mail are completely mine. The company is not 
responsible for what so ever.

----------
Ravi Kumar CH
Rendezvous On Chip (I) Pvt Ltd
Hyderabad, INDIA

ROC HOME PAGE:
http://www.roc.co.in