Subject: New traffic Selectors in RFC2401bis

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 18:43:05 -0800

Hello,

RFC2401bis defines ICMP type and code as selector. AFAIK, this itself can be
negotiated
only using IKEv2 traffic selector and one cannot use IKEv1 ID payload. If
this is correct,
is it worth clarifying in the document ? I can see that the IKE reference
has been removed
currently. I assume that both IKE versions will be referenced in the future
revision. In that
case it might be worth clarifying the issue i guess. Not sure what else is
IKEv2 specific.

thanks
mohan

---

From: Stephen Kent <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 09:19:08 -0500

>case it might be worth clarifying the issue i guess. Not sure what else is

Mohan,

In general, 2401bis is closely aligned with features of IKEv2.  The 
new structure of SPD entries allows one SA to represent several, 
distinct S/D address pairs or port ranges, etc. This too cannot be 
negotiated with IKE v1. In general, 2401bis represents an updating of 
2401 that also assumes use of IKE v2 vs. v1.

Steve

---

From: "Mohan Parthasarathy" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:36:00 -0800

> 2401 that also assumes use of IKE v2 vs. v1.
Ok. It might be worth clarifying this somewhere in the 2401bis which i
think would be helpful.

thanks
mohan