Subject: [Q] AUTHENTICATION_FAILED Notification

From: Yoshihiro Ohba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:04:45 -0800

Hi,

I have a question about the usage of AUTHENTICATION_FAILED Notification 
of IKEv2.

draft-ietf-ipsec-ikev2-12.txt says:

        AUTHENTICATION_FAILED                    24
                                                                                
            Sent in the response to an IKE_AUTH message when for some
            reason the authentication failed. There is no associated
            data.
                                                                                
Is the Notify payload of this type cryptographycally protected with
IKE_SA?  

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba

---

From: "Charlie Kaufman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2004 15:04:25 -0800

Yes, all messages except for the first two are cryptographically
protected with the IKE SA. Of course, since authentication has not
occurred, the cryptographic protection may not in practice provide much
assurance to the transaction.

	--Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Yoshihiro Ohba
Sent: Thursday, February 05, 2004 11:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Q] AUTHENTICATION_FAILED Notification

Hi,

        AUTHENTICATION_FAILED                    24

Regards,

Yoshihiro Ohba