Subject: [IPSECKEY] Re: I-D ACTION:draft-huston-ipv6-documentation-prefix-01.txt

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 19:44:15 -0400

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

>>>>> "Internet-Drafts" == Internet-Drafts  <[email-masked]> writes:
    Internet-Drafts> Title : IPv6 Documentation Address Author(s) :
    Internet-Drafts> G. Huston, A. Lord, P. Smith Filename :
    Internet-Drafts> draft-huston-ipv6-documentation-prefix-01.txt Pages : 6
    Internet-Drafts> Date : 2003-8-27
	
    Internet-Drafts> To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion when
    Internet-Drafts> relating documented examples to deployed systems, an
    Internet-Drafts> IPv6 unicast prefix is reserved for use in examples in
    Internet-Drafts> RFCs, books, documentation, and the like. Since
    Internet-Drafts> site-local and link- local unicast addresses have
    Internet-Drafts> special meaning in IPv6, these addresses cannot be used
    Internet-Drafts> in many example situations. The document describes the
    Internet-Drafts> use of the IPv6 address prefix 2001:0DB8::/32 as a
    Internet-Drafts> reserved prefix for use in documentation. This prefix
    Internet-Drafts> has been assigned by the Asia Pacific Network
    Internet-Drafts> Information Centre (APNIC) for this purpose, on behalf
    Internet-Drafts> of the Regional Internet Registries.

  I will change the IPv6 example to use this next time I have reason to
edit the document (which I hope is never?)

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
] panic("Just another Debian/notebook using, kernel hacking, security guy");  [
-
This is the [email-masked] list.
Email to [email-masked] to be removed.