Subject: Reminder: PIC last call

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 19:02:23 -0800

Greetings again. There have been only one comment to date on the new 
PIC draft, which is in WG last call, and that was from one of the 
co-authors.

The list of changes from -03 to -04 include:

- Introduced optional transport over TCP to avoid packet fragmentation.

- Added another message round for DoS protection.

- Hash computations now include the complete ISAKMP header.

- Better handling of authentication failures.

Please read over the draft, which you can find at 
<http://www.vpnc.org/draft-ietf-ipsra-pic>. Please make sure that the 
changes do what they say they are supposed to do, and that the 
security of the protocol has been maintained. Of course, please send 
comments to the list.

(There will be at least one more draft before sending this to the 
IESG, since the authors have not done a complete IANA considerations 
section, but those changes will not affect any of the protocol.)

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium