Subject: IPSRA and Mobile IP

From: Alexis Olivereau <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 18:33:36 +0100

Hello all,

I have seen in the WG description that one of the goals of IPSRA WG is
to work closely with Mobile IP WG.  I have (briefly) looked through the
ML archive but I wasn't able to find something relative to that topic...
Is there any achieved, ongoing or planned work to develop a
Mobile-IP-aware secure remote access solution?

Many thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Alexis.

PS. Please reply to my address directly since I have not (yet)
subscribed to the mailing list.

---

From: "Iyer, Prakash" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 11:39:51 -0800

We have a draft (draft-adrangi-mobileip-natvpn-traversal-00.txt) in the
mobile IP working group
that addresses the integration of an IPsec-based remote access VPN with
mobile IPv4.
-Prakash

-----Original Message-----
From: Alexis Olivereau [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 9:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: IPSRA and Mobile IP

Hello all,

Many thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Alexis.

---

From: "Glenn Morrow" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:18:39 -0600

The SEAMOBY group is also looking at Candidate Access Router discovery for
seamless handoff. They will need to handle VPN's and possible handoff
between disparate address spaces at some point as well. 

The tunneling/routing header discussions may be common in some cases, too. 

The needs of IPSRA and MIP with respect to longer term enhancements to IPSEC
may also be similar. 

Separation of encryption equipment from the endpoints themselves is not
speficied in MIPv6 right now but will certainly have architecural
ramifications away from the current end to end model. It might be best
synergized as part of local mobility management which allows for such a
point to point or subnet to subnet gateway models.

 If I were you I would focus on the local mobility management aspects of the
WG to find some initial synergy.

Hope this helps,

Glenn

> From: Iyer, Prakash [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 1:40 PM
> To: 'Alexis'; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: IPSRA and Mobile IP
> 
> 
> 
> 
> We have a draft 
> (draft-adrangi-mobileip-natvpn-traversal-00.txt) in the
> mobile IP working group