Subject: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-04.txt

From: "William Dixon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:07:17 -0800

L2TP group, per my comments in the WG meeting today, since the
L2TP/IPSec integration document has become RFC 3193, please review this
IPSec Secure Remote Access requirements document.

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3193.txt?number=3193

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2001 4:20 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the IP Security Remote Access
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Requirements for IPsec Remote Access Scenarios
	Author(s)	: S. Kelly, S. Ramamoorthi
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-04.txt
	Pages		: 33
	Date		: 28-Aug-01
	
IPsec offers much promise as a secure remote access mechanism. However,
there are a significant number of remote access scenarios, each having
some shared and some unique requirements. A thorough understanding of
these requirements is necessary in order to effectively evaluate the
suitability of a specific set of mechanisms for any particular remote
access scenario. This document enumerates the requirements for a number
of common remote access scenarios.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsra-reqmts-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.