Subject: Re: GLP, number portability and wireless subscribers

From: Tom Gray <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 07:07:36 -0800 (PST)

Hi

Has the issue of a private network been considered here along with the
issues of tenanting? I'm new so please excuse me if this has been
considered. A server may be used to service several enterprises say in
a shared office building. Each may well want their help desk to be
HELP or 4357, the president to be 1111, etc. They will certainly not
agree to have special tenant suffixes applied. Additionally it will
probably be a requirement to extend this  over multiple servers with
overlapping sets of tenants at each server.

Tom Gray

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 23:00:33 -0500

It has been discussed. Its largely outside of our scope, since GLP is an
interdomain protocol. But, nothing prevents an enterprise from using it
internally. I suspect our eventual representation for phone numbers will
be flexible enough to allow internal numbers (although not things like
HELP unless you translate it to the number equivalent - 4357).

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---------