Subject: data representation issues

From: Matt Squire <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:02:46 -0500

All - 

Over the next day or so, I'm going try to air on the list some of the data
representation issues that I'm planning to mention during our wg meeting
next week.  I know its a bit late, but I figure its better to start now
than to wait.  

I'll attempt to express the issue, mention some alternatives, and where I
think we have consensus and where we do not.   At the end, I'll probably
give an opinion on the issue so that everyone can tell me how wrong I am
and what we really need to do instead.  

Note that the two potential protocols differ in the set of attributes.  On
those issues that deal with representation of an attribute that is not
shared by both protocols, one of the issues is, of course, whether we need
the attribute at all.  

I will try to incorporate the received comments into what I present next
week when discussing the representation issues.  

Load your guns and prepare to fire.  

- Matt

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.