Subject: Syntax of h.323, version 1 and version 2 endpoints.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 16:07:25 +0530

Hi All,
    I have a question regarding the syntax of version 1 and 2, h.323
endpoints.

For h.225.0 call signalling messages, ASN syntax given in ITU-T h.225.0
specifications includes only UUIE for each message. This has an extension
marker to show newly added fields in version 2. Syntax does not say
anything about other information elements of the message. Does that mean
that both version 1 and 2 will have all other IEs, as given in Q.931
message details, in section 7.3? Can we assume that both version 1 and
version 2 endpoints have all the IEs same, other than UUIE?

Any help or pointers to more information will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ritu Gupta.
_____________________________________________________________________
Ritu Gupta                               |       email: [email-masked]
Senior Software Engineer,          |                   [email-masked]
Hughes Software Systems,           |       phone: 91-80-2286390/91/92(W)
Banglore, Karnataka                |                    91-80-3374075(H)
INDIA.                                   |       Fax    : 91-80-2286393
_____________________________________________________________________
Restlessness and discontent are the first necessities of progress.

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.