Subject: Point-to-point call to multipoint conference.

From: "Stephane GORSE - FT.BD/CNET/DAC/ARP" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 09:00:51 +0100

Hi,

I have a question related to the expansion of a point-to-point call to
a multipoint conference in
the gatekeeper call signalling routing in the H323 recommandation.

Make the assumptions that an endpoint A creates a point-to-point call
with an endpoint B. Using the
aforementionned mode, all signalling messages transit through the
gatekeeper, but no MCU is used in
this call.

Now, I want to know if it is possile to extand this call to a
multipoint conference using a MCU by the
gatekeeper initiative. Currently, we see a lot gatekeeper with other
interfaces than H323 ones
(like INAP interface...). So, it is conceivable to think that, in
Internet/IN synergy context, a gatekeeper
can take the initiative in expanding a call.

Following this scenario, what is the message exchange between each
endpoint and the gatekeeper
(including RAS, Q931 and H245) ?

In the Recommandation, the paragraph 8.4.3 explains an extansion but
in this scenario includes a MCU
with the point-to-point call.

--

-----------------------------------------------------------------
        Stephane Gorse - France Telecom BD/CNET/DAC/ARP
            [email-masked]
-----------------------------------------------------------------
  _/_/_/_/ Tel: +33 2 96 05 03 31  | Technopole Anticipa
 _/_/_/_/  Fax: +33 2 96 05 37 84  | 2, av. Pierre Marzin
_/_/_/_/                           | 22307 Lannion Cedex - France

---

From: "Tom-PT Taylor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 08:00:58 -0600

The Gatekeeper would reroute all the connections through the MCU by using
H.245 to close the existing logical channels and replace them with the new
ones.  Then it could go on to expand the conference.

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Stephane GORSE - FT.BD/CNET/DAC/ARP
> [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Monday, February 08, 1999 3:01 AM
> To:	[email-masked]
> Subject:	Point-to-point call to multipoint conference.
> 
> Hi, 
> 
> I have a question related to the expansion of a point-to-point call to a
> multipoint conference in 
> Make the assumptions that an endpoint A creates a point-to-point call with
> an endpoint B. Using the 
> Now, I want to know if it is possile to extand this call to a multipoint
> conference using a MCU by the 
> In the Recommandation, the paragraph 8.4.3 explains an extansion but in
> this scenario includes a MCU 

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.