Subject: H.323 black phone???

From: "Hoefelmeyer, Ralph (MCI)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 22:26:22 -0000

Hello,

I've been searching the web, and have not found an H.323 black phone.
Everything is a PC card or a videophone.  Some manufacturers claim they'll
have a unit in " a few months".
Does anyone know of an H.323 phone I can buy now?  FYI, Mediatrix makes a
SIP phone ... I have seen it.

Thanks,
Ralph

Ralph S. Hoefelmeyer
MCI WorldCom Engineer

---

From: "Dean Willis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 18:42:46 -0600

Symbol Technologies has a nifty cordless H.323 phone (called NetVision). I
think I have two of them in the lab here -- we showed them at the Feb 19th
STARtech show talking to MS NetMeeting 2.1

see http://www.symbol.com/

These phones use RF Ethernet, so you need a Symbol AccessPoint 24 repeater
somewhere nearby. Symbol also makes PCMCIA and ISA adapters for PC to this
RF ethernet. They seem to have about a 100' range indoors.

Cisco also makes a single-port H.323 adapter -- called the 2611 router with
one FXS and one Ethernet port. Of course, it is a little pricey at around
$5,000

--
Dean
    -----Original Message-----
    From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Hoefelmeyer,
Ralph (MCI)
    Sent: Friday, March 12, 1999 4:26 PM
    To: IPTEL IETF Mailing List
    Subject: H.323 black phone???
    Importance: High

    Hello,

    Does anyone know of an H.323 phone I can buy now?  FYI, Mediatrix makes
a SIP phone ... I have seen it.

    Thanks,
    Ralph

    Ralph S. Hoefelmeyer
    MCI WorldCom Engineer