Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-sip-reg-payload-00.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Mar 1999 17:09:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transporting User Control Information in 
                          SIP REGISTER Payloads
	Author(s)	: J. Lennox, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-sip-reg-payload-00.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 04-Mar-99
	
   Several newly developed languages and interfaces, such as the CPL and
   SIP CGI, allow users or administrators to specify how Internet
   telephony servers should process calls. There needs to be a method of
   transporting scripts for such languages between a client and a
   server. This document proposes using the payload of SIP REGISTER
   messages, and their responses, as one method to transport them.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-sip-reg-payload-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-sip-reg-payload-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-sip-reg-payload-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.