Subject: [Fwd: SIP encryption]

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 01:06:52 -0400

This post belongs on confctrl, not iptel.

-Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX: (732) 834-5379                         Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

Subject: SIP encryption
From: Hans Viens <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 23:53:41 -0400

Hi Folk!

I have few questions concerning SIP implementation.

1. Is SIP "HAS" to be implement PGP-based to be compatible with other SIP 
engine ?

2. If SIP has to be PGP-based, am I right to assume the Public-key 
encryption has been made using RSA algorithm ?

3. Is SIP use symmetric encryption PGP's IDEA algorithm ?

It's clear in the RFC that the signature could be make by MD5 or SHA.1 
algorithm, but I must admit that I feel confuse about the rest!  Somebody 
could help me ?

Hans...

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.