Subject: GLP attributes

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 10:26:11 -0400

Folks,

Although things have been quiet on the list, there has been much
activity over the past weeks on GLP. Matt Squire, Hussein Salama, and
myself have gotten together and achieved consensus among the three of us
on the set of attributes for GLP. We've produced and Internet Draft
which specifies these attributes, including aggregation and
dissemination rules, attribute flags, and basic syntax. We've also
included a list of the attributes we ruled out, and a discussion of why.

Our decisions are not final. They only represent consensus among the
three of us. It is now time to see if these choices represent consensus
among the entire working group. Of course, numerous open issues also
remain. These are mentioned throughout the draft, and in a section at
the end. I would like for us to focus discussion on the list, and
discussion during the meeting, and these open issues. I'd also like for
people to speak up if they disagree with the choices we've made. 

The draft was submitted to the archives this morning, and should appear
shortly. In the mean time, you can pick up a copy from the iptel home
page at:

http://www.bell-labs.com/mailing-lists/iptel/draft-ietf-iptel-glp-attribs-00.txt

This draft is an important milestone in our development of GLP. I'd like
to especially thank Matt Squire, who took the active lead in pushing
this work and editing the document.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.