Subject: Siphone SIP client now available!

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 09:59:43 -0400

Folks,

Bell Labs is pleased to announce that our SIP graphical user agent,
siphone, is now available for download for free (for research and
non-commercial usage) from the web. Our client is a fully functional UAS
and UAC. It supports:

* call initiation, termination, rejection, redirection, cancellation
* registration
* tcp and udp
* integration with web browser
* do-not-disturb
* automatic call forwarding features
* support for local proxies
* transfer and multi-party conferencing (experimental only - based on
  a preliminary call control specification)

Siphone does not support media directly; it makes use of separate
media tools for this purpose. It uses PMM (Pattern Matching Multicast)
to interface with the media tool. We have used nevot for the media
tool; you can obtain a statically linked version of nevot from our
download site for your convenience.

Siphone runs on WinNT, Linux, and Solaris. To download, visit our
siphone project site at: 

http://www.bell-labs.com/project/sip/

Thanks,
Jonathan Rosenberg
Igor Slepchin

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.