Subject: grab the IP packet

From: Stanley Pinjiang Feng <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 1999 16:53:32 -0400

Hi, I am wondering how can I get all the IP packet from a LAN with Java?
That is, access the IP layer directly, instead of just get the UDP
packets or TCP packets.  And to be a spy on the LAN, get all the IP
traffic, instead of just the IP packet sent to my IP address?

Thank you very much.

Stanley Feng

---------
This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: 6 Aug 1999 02:02:09 -0000

I don't think you can do this by capturing packets dircectly from IP layer since you want all packets, for you and not, received. You should do such things at link layer, that is to say, you should directly access LLC or even MAC services provided by OS. I'm not very familiar with Java, however I don't think Java can do that. There are many software products in the market now which can do these things and more. They are probably protocol analysers which can capture almose all protocol packets from a LAN. 

Xiaoming Zhao.

> This message came from the IETF IPTEL Working Group Mailing List.

__________________________________________________
��ӭʹ�ý���������ѵ����ʼ�ϵͳhttp://www.990.net

---------