Subject: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt]

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:07:27 -0400

Scott, Vern,

The framework document for GLP is now ready for IESG consideration as an
Informational RFC.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.
-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg                       Lucent Technologies
Member of Technical Staff                   101 Crawfords Corner Rd.
High Speed Networks Research                Holmdel, NJ 07733
FAX:   (732) 834-5379                       Rm. 4C-526
EMAIL: [email-masked]
URL: http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~jdrosen

Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt
From: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:05:07 -0400

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A Framework for a Gateway Location Protocol
	Author(s)	: J. Rosenberg, H. Schulzrinne
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt
	Pages		: 24
	Date		: 30-Aug-99
	
This document serves as a framework for the Gateway Location Protocol
(GLP), which supports the discovery and exchange of IP telephony
gateway routing tables between providers. The document defines the
problem of gateway location, and motivates the need for the protocol.
It presents an architectural framework for GLP, defines terminology,
specifies the various protocol elements and their functions,
overviews the services provided by the protocol, and discusses how it
fits into the broader context of Internet telephony.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-gwloc-framework-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.