Subject: [IPTEL] TRIP question

From: Vijaya Venkatachalam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2001 10:57:08 -0400

Can one telephony destination be handled by more than one
telephony gateway.

If yes, then if both gateway1 & 2 can reach a telephony destination,
then how is it determined which is a better route to
reach that telephony destination, via gateway1 or gateway2.

Thanks.

---

From: "Kiarash Bodouhi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 13:33:54 +0430

I believe the local implementation of routing process should be in a way
that can do a fair load balancing of equal metric routes. For non equal
routes, things like capacity, rate, quality ... will be important. The
traffic should be load balanced based on some algorithm like following:

1- If the capacity of one route is more, then the traffic should be load
balanced based on capacity ratios. So although the gateway with more
capacity
should be in the first it routing but that doesn't necessary means that
it receives whole traffic and if become full then we use second route.

2- The second group of metrics that are important are rate, quality and
administrative preference. Which for rate a lower one is preferred and
for quality the higher one. Each of these attributes should have a weight
factor which can be set by administrator.

Kiarash

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked]
> [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of Vijaya
> Venkatachalam
> Sent: Thu, August 09, 2001 7:27 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPTEL] TRIP question
>
>

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel