Subject: [IPTEL] FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2001 11:19:59 -0400

Folks,

As we discussed in the meeting, the iptel group is currently chartered to
complete a TRIP MIB for submission to IESG in September of 2001. I am
committed to NOT missing the dates in our current charter, as we did an
awful job of meeting our deadlines for our initial deliverables. 

So, I would now like to open a two week working group last call for
draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt. Please send comments on this document to
the list within the next two weeks. I also want this document formally
reviewed, in detail, by a TRIP expert and a MIB expert. Thus, I am
requesting two volunteers (one TRIP expert, one MIB expert) to perform a
detailed review during the last call period. If I do not get two volunteers
by Monday Aug 27, I will tap people explicitly for the review, and use
excessive amounts of guilt and other forms of persuasion to convince them to
review it.

Please email me privately if you wish to do a detailed review.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 7:25 AM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Management Information Base for Telephony Routing
over
                          IP (TRIP)
	Author(s)	: J. Jiang, D. Walker, D. Zinman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 20-Aug-01
	
This memo defines a portion of the Management Information Base (MIB)
for use with network management protocols in the Internet community.
In particular, it describes a set of managed objects that are used
to manage for Telephony Routing over IP (TRIP) [2] devices.
Since TRIP [2] is modelled after the Border Gateway Protocol (BGP-4)
[3], the managed objects for TRIP are also modelled after RFC1657 -
Definitions of Managed Objects for the Fourth Version of the Border
Gateway Protocol (BGP-4) using SMIv2 [4].

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-trip-mib-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel