Subject: RE: [IPTEL] urgent: ip telephony traffic model

From: Jerry <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 10:19:46 +0200

hello Henry,

Just compare to a mobile network, there the busy hour (burst hour) traffic
is a very important factor for determine the network capacity. So the
service provider and device provider can determine what kind device they
need to use or to provide. And other factors such as call time or erlang are
also very important.
I think it should be simular in voice traffic. Of course multimedia is very
important and I will try to setup a model later.

BRs,

XuZhe

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Henry Sinnreich <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 17:12:39 +0100

We have company in this discussion about building paths across the net.

See "Experts call MPLS bad for 'Net".
VPNs based on Multi-protocol Label Switching said to be risky. Backbone
mgmt. challenges also cited. By CAROLYN DUFFY MARSAN Network World,
08/06/01

http://www.nwfusion.com/news/2001/0806mpls.html

Henry