Subject: [IPTEL] TRIP:Initial Peer Discovery

From: Vijaya Venkatachalam <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2001 12:06:41 -0400

Hi,

I have a question regarding the discovery of external peers
in TRIP.

When the LS gets a Start Event (from either the operator or
the system), then how does it know which LS peer to establish
the connection with.

Are the list of external peers done by configuration?

Thanks,
Vijaya

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2001 12:15:55 -0400

There is no discovery process for trip peers. It is always administratively
configured; this is because a trip peering relationship is almost always the
result of a prior business agreement.

-Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Vijaya Venkatachalam [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2001 12:07 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [IPTEL] TRIP:Initial Peer Discovery
> 
> 
> Hi,
> 

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel