Subject: [IPTEL] Change to CPL language specification

From: Jonathan Lennox <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 16:26:11 -0500 (EST)

Richard Gumpertz pointed out to me a problem with CPL's language switches
using '<string-switch field="language">'.

Specifically, because of the structure of language tags, the match
lines of '<string contains="es">' can have false positive matches if the
caller sent 'Accept-Language: en,bes,fr'.  

Therefore, I propose to remove the 'language' field from string-switch, and
instead create a new language-switch.  In a language switch, the CPL script
can specify language-tags which are matched against the language-ranges of
the request.

Anyone have any issues with this?

-- 
Jonathan Lennox
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IPTEL mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.bell-labs.com/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 01:52:35 -0500

I think this is fine, but it will cause interop problems if people have lots
of scripts out there that are using string-switch with language. I suspect
that there are probably none in reality, but if you do have some, please
speak up.

Thanks,
Jonathan R.

---
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Jonathan Lennox [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 4:26 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; Richard H. Gumpertz
> Subject: [IPTEL] Change to CPL language specification
> 
>