Subject: Re: [Iptel] comments on rfc2806bis - separators

From: "Alexeitsev, D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:31:04 +0100

Hello All

>I'm all for simplification. The only real reason is that the receiver 
>may not really know how to render, say, a tel: URI contained in a SIP 
>request. If a US-English UA gets a European number, it likely has no 
>clue what part is the area code and what part is the subscriber number. 
>(Indeed, in that case, even a smart UI would have real difficulty 
>discerning the two parts, given that area codes are variable-length.) As 
>long as people do
>
>From: +49 (2232) 12345 <tel:+49223212345>
>
>this may not be a big deal.

[DA] If this is the only real use of the visual separators, then I agree with Mikes proposal to remove them fom the URI definition and recomment the use of display name. 
_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel