Subject: Re: [Iptel] CPL language switch

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 11:17:47 +0530

Hi,
Thanx for the response.
Had another query about the case when the Accept Language looks
like
Accept-Language: *

In this case, any language tag after the switch can be considered
a match. Correct?

>      "If the caller specified the special language-range "*",
>      it is ignored for the purposes of matching."
>
> I would assume that the caller has no specific choices about
> the language and he accepts any language.

The caller specifies their preferred languages using the Accept-Language
header.

Right. If the accept-language looks like:

Accept-Language: en;q=1.0, es;q=0.0, de;q=0.5

the es language would be ignored for purposes of the CPL switch.

Madhusudan SN.
Hughes Software Systems,
Bangalore. INDIA.
Phone: +91-80-2286390

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 16:36:11 -0500

> In this case, any language tag after the switch can be considered

I don't think so. "Ignoring" it, to me, means its the same as if the 
entire header was not present. That would match the "not-present" output 
or "otherwise" output as described in the top of section 5.

Jonathan L - does that match your understanding?

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com