Subject: [Iptel] CPL draft status & namespacing

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:11:46 +0530

Hi all,

The draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-06.txt has expired in July, 2002.
Has the same been published as a RFC already? If not, is
there a revision planned for the same?

The DTD identifier and namespace defined in the draft
are of the form (respectively):

"-//IETF//DTD RFCxxxx CPL 1.0//EN"
"http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfcxxxx.txt"

Do current implementations use these identifiers?
If so, what is the value used for xxxx?

Thanks in advance,
Siddharth.

--------------------------------------------------------
Siddharth Toshniwal
Hughes Software Systems
Prestige Opal                    http://www.hssworld.com
146, Infantry Road          Ph (O): +91-80-2286390 (7094)
Bangalore-560001, India           Mobile: +91-9845154068
---------------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 00:31:31 -0500

> there a revision planned for the same?

It is waiting in the rfc-editors queue. From 
http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html you can see the status as:

2002/02/05  draft-ietf-iptel-cpl-06.txt
REF         draft-ietf-sip-caller-prefs-##.txt
J. Lennox, H. Schulzrinne
CPL: A Language for User Control of Internet Telephony Services
Bytes: 130696

which means its waiting the completion of draft-ietf-sip-caller-prefs, 
which is a normative reference from CPL. That spec (which I edit) has 
had some upheavels lately that have delayed it, but is getting close.

> If so, what is the value used for xxxx?

These will be filled in within the specification once the RFC issues. I 
suspect most implementations ignore these lines.

-Jonathan R>

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                72 Eagle Rock Ave.
Chief Scientist                             First Floor
dynamicsoft                                 East Hanover, NJ 07936
[email-masked]                     FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                      PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.dynamicsoft.com

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 08:09:23 -0500 (EST)

its in the rfc editor queue waiting for a normative reference to be published

http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html

Scott

----------