Subject: [Iptel] draft-carlberg-trip-attribute-rp-00.txt

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:56:43 -0400

I've submitted a new individual draft that defines a new attribute  
for TRIP.  Below is the title, abstract, and URL.  Note that the  
draft duplicates some text from RFC-3219 as background information so  
that the novice reader (outside of this group) will have an easier  
time parsing what is being proposed.

Assuming the proposed attribute doesn't cause any heartburn, I'd like  
to eventually advance the draft to a working group document so as to  
register the attribute with IANA.  Comments are deeply appreciated.

cheers,

-ken

         Title               : TRIP Attribute for Resource Priority
         Author(s)       : K. Carlberg, P. O'Hanlon
         Filename       : draft-carlberg-trip-attribute-rp-00.txt
         Pages            : 10
         Date               : 2005-9-16

    This document defines a new attribute for  the  TRIP  protocol.    
The
    attribute   associates   protocols/services   in  the  PSTN   
offering
    authorized  prioritization  during  call  setup  that  are   
reachable
    through  a TRIP gateway.  Current examples of preferential  
service in
    the PSTN are Government Emergency Telecommunications  Service   
(GETS)
    in  the U.S. and Government Telephone Preference Scheme (GTPS) in  
the
    U.K.  The proposed attribute for TRIP is based on the  
NameSpace.Value
    tupple defined for the SIP resource Priority field.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-carlberg-trip-attribute- 
rp-00.txt

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel