Subject: [Iptel] idnits draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-07

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 09:36:54 -0700

iptel/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-np-07.txt:

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html:
  * The document seems to lack an IANA Considerations section.
    Checking conformance with RFC 3978/3979 boilerplate...
  * The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.1 IPR Disclosure
    Acknowledgement -- however, there's a paragraph with a matching
    beginning. Boilerplate error?

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
    Nothing found here (but these checks do not cover all of
    1id-guidelines.txt yet).

  Miscellaneous warnings:
    None.

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 11:25:36 -0700

The BNF should also state that it modifies the RFC 3966 ABNF to change the
par rule to 

par = parameter / cic / npdi / rn /  extension / isdn-subaddress

I did check and compile the ABNF.

The phonedigit rule is not used and we should remove it.

The IPR boiler plate  will be rejected.

Page 3, para 3, "Hexadecimal digit is" -> "Hexadecimal digits are"

For comments above, I think we need to deal with by either fixing or
clearing me up on why they are OK as is... The comments below this are just
some personal preferences as an individual contributor but certainly not
something I would hold the document up over if the author had considered
them and did not feel they should be changed.

I think you should define the term "release" in the Abbreviations or
Conventions section.

I personally find the sentence on page 3 para 6 confusing. It says
   "For a "local-cic", the CIC value in the "cic" parameter MUST be
   interpreted according to the "cic-context".  For example, if the
   national CIC value is in the "cic" parameter, the "cic-context"
   SHALL contain a valid E.164 country code after "+" if it is in the
   "global-hex-digits" format. "
Could we make this clearer - What odes "MUST be interpreted according to
..." actually mean. I'm having a hard time coming up with alternative text
here but perhaps some can take a stab at it.