Subject: [Iptel] Do we need an IANA registry for tel parameters

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 13:13:09 -0700

We decided long ago that we needed one and put the creation of it in the
trunk-group draft. However, in tel-np draft we decided not to have a
registry. I don't particularly care one way or the other but I think we need
to be consistent on this.

What do folks think? Is there some part of this I am forgetting?

Thanks, Cullen

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2005 16:31:25 -0400

> What do folks think? Is there some part of this I am forgetting?

Yep times change and IMHO you need a TEL orinented registry if for no 
other reason some of us want to eventually append a TEL or a SIP URI 
with other static SS7 paramaters like ;CNAM=George W Bush  etc. GTT you 
name it. Those parameters need to be defined and registered.

This btw is the fundamental thrust of my and Jason Livingood's draft

Title		: IANA Registration for an Enumservice Containing PSTN Signaling 
Information
	Author(s)	: J. Livingood, R. Shockey
	Filename	: draft-ietf-enum-pstn-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 2005-10-28
	
This document registers the Enumservice “pstn” and subtype “tel”
    using the URI scheme ‘tel:’, as well as the subtype “sip” using the
    URI scheme ‘sip’ as per the IANA registration process defined in the
    ENUM specification, RFC 3761.  This data is used to facilitate the
    routing of telephone calls in those countries where Number
    Portability exists.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-enum-pstn-00.txt

-- 

Richard Shockey, Director - Member of Technical Staff
NeuStar Inc.
46000 Center Oak Plaza  -   Sterling, VA  20166
sip:rshockey(at)iptel.org   sip:57141(at)fwd.pulver.com
ENUM +87810-13313-31331
PSTN Office +1 571.434.5651 PSTN Mobile +1 703.593.2683
Fax: +1 815.333.1237
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us> or
<mailto:richard.shockey(at)neustar.biz>
<http://www.neustar.biz> ; <http://www.enum.org>
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<