Subject: [Iptel] Could the charter for this group cover an proposal for "Provisioning of user agents" ?

From: Mats Karlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 21:55:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm new here and would ask a open question about a standard for
provisioning of user agents.

On of the question that some customer is pointing to is the Total Cost
of Ownership (TCO) and in that every vendors UA's has different
provisioning methods in both transport (TFTP, HTTP, FTP) and file format
(XML, plain text files) and so on.

Is this something could be covered by the IPtel WG or is there another
WG that has/should have responsibility for ?

Kind regards
Mats Karlsson

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Jonathan Rosenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:58:51 -0400

There is work on provisioning of SIP user agents within the sipping 
group. See:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-sipping-config-framework-07.txt

-Jonathan R.

-- 
Jonathan D. Rosenberg, Ph.D.                   600 Lanidex Plaza
Director, Service Provider VoIP Architecture   Parsippany, NJ 07054-2711
Cisco Systems
[email-masked]                              FAX:   (973) 952-5050
http://www.jdrosen.net                         PHONE: (973) 952-5000
http://www.cisco.com

---

From: Mats Karlsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 03:11:21 +0200

Thx Jonathan and Mike for the excellent service, I will head over to the
right group and involve myself in the draft.

Kind regards
Mats