Subject: [Iptel] Post-nits version of trunk-group submitted

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 12:49:45 -0600

Folks:

I have submitted the latest version of trunk-group, following the
nits review.

I would request the chairs to send this document to the IESG
once it becomes available in the archives (I will ping the chairs
privately when it is updated in the archives).

The changes socialized on the working group list (please
see http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/iptel/current/msg00973.html)
have been incorporated in the final version.

Until it becomes available in the IETF archives, you can get a copy
from:

http://www.iit.edu/~gurbvij/I-D/draft-ietf-iptel-trunk-group-05.txt
http://www.iit.edu/~gurbvij/I-D/draft-ietf-iptel-trunk-group-05.html

Additionally, for those interested in just the changes, a
diff-marked copy between -04 and -05 is also available at:

http://www.iit.edu/~gurbvij/I-D/tg-04-05-diffmarked.txt

This concludes this particular I-D's arduous journey.  On behalf of
my co-author, I would like to thank all of those who have
participated in the discussions as well as those who have helped
review it.

Thank you.

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Ph.D.  vkg@{lucent.com,research.bell-labs.com,acm.org}
Lucent Technologies/Bell Laboratories, 2000 Lucent Lane, Rm 6G-440
Naperville, Illinois 60566     Voice: +1 630 224 0216
_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 20:27:46 -0800

I'm not sure on how we want to do this but ... seems like we would not want
an IANA registration in here if we are doing it in the other document.
Alternatively, we could have the other document create the registry but not
put any values in it then have this document put in it's values. I had
originally gone the other way so that this document did not normatively
depend on the one that did the IANA registration. I can see either way
working but either way, I think we need to change one of the documents.

---

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 09:15:14 -0600

> working but either way, I think we need to change one of the documents.

Cullen, all:

In the spirit of least resistance, I will stick with what Cullen
had in mind originally; i.e., the IANA registration for trunk-group,
tel-enumdi, and tel-np (and rfc3966) will be done in tel-reg.

I will put an empty IANA registration in trunk-group and resubmit.
As an FYI, of the remaining two I-Ds, tel-np does not have any IANA
Consideration sections (a nit) and tel-enumdi has an empty one.

Thanks,

- vijay