Subject: [Iptel] RFC 5140 on A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol (TGREP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 16:00:12 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5140

        Title:      A Telephony Gateway REgistration Protocol 
                    (TGREP) 
        Author:     M. Bangalore, R. Kumar,
                    J. Rosenberg, H. Salama,
                    D.N. Shah
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      28
        Characters: 59511
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-iptel-tgrep-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5140.txt

This document describes the Telephony Gateway Registration Protocol
(TGREP) for registration of telephony prefixes supported by telephony
gateways and soft switches.  The registration mechanism can also
be used to export resource information.  The prefix and resource
information can then be passed on to a Telephony Routing over IP
(TRIP) Location Server, which in turn can propagate that routing
information within and between Internet Telephony Administrative
Domains (ITADs).  TGREP shares a lot of similarities with the TRIP
protocol.  It has similar procedures and finite state machine for
session establishment.  It also shares the same format for messages
and a subset of attributes with TRIP.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Telephony Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel