Subject: [Iptel] Updated version of iptel-tel-reg

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 16:47:56 -0500

Folks: For those of you who have been waiting patiently for
the tel URI registry to get established, the wait is over ;-)

Those of you who have been waiting even patiently for iptel to
close down, the wait is also over ;-)

I think Cullen and I will share the dubious distinction of producing
the last RFC in iptel WG -- iptel-tel-reg.

The -05 version of iptel-tel-reg has been released.  I believe
that this version accurately encapsulates the debate that ensued
between "Standards Action" and "Specification Required, Designated
Expert".  As per the instructions from Jon, I have updated S4.2 to
include the latter policy, along with some criteria to consider when
expert reviewing a tel URI parameter.

I have included various comments Jon pointed out during his
AD review of this draft (11 months ago!), including changing
the phrase "accompanying RFC" to "accompanying RFC or other
permanent and readily available public specification" to
reflect the designation of "Specification Required."

The new draft is available at
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-reg-05.txt
and a diff between -04 and -05 is at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-reg-04.txt&url2=http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-iptel-tel-reg-05.txt

Please let me know if there are any additional comments.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs
_______________________________________________
Iptel mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/iptel