Subject: Updated text for Node Req: Issue23: DNS issues

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 12:53:04 +0300

Hi all, 

After discussing with some DNS folk, the suggested text for section 5.2 is as 
follows:

5.2 DNS

	All nodes, that need to resolve names, SHOULD implement stub-resolver
	[RFC1034 section 5.3.1] functionality with support for:

	  - AAAA type Resource Records [RFC1886bis];
	  - reverse addressing in ip6.arpa [RFC3152];
	  - EDNS0 [RFC2671] to allow for DNS packet sizes larger than 512 octets.
 
	Those nodes are RECOMMENDED to support DNS security extentions 
	[DNSSEC-INTRO], [DNSSEC-REC] and [DNSSEC-PROT].

	Those nodes are NOT RECOMMENDED to support the experimental A6 and 
	DNAME Resource Records [RFC3363].

	"Format for Literal IPv6 Addresses in URL's" [RFC-2732] MUST be supported if 
	applications on the node use URL's.

============

add references for:

	[RFC2671]
	[RFC3152]
	[RFC1886bis]
	[DNSSEC-INTRO] draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-intro.
	[DNSSEC-REC] draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-records.
	[DNSSEC-PROT] draft-ietf-dnsext-dnssec-protocol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------