Subject: Re: "RFC 2461bis" issue: DNS configuration

From: Jaehoon Jeong <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 01:27:27 -0700 (PDT)

Hi all,

There is another draft for RA-based DNS Discovery.
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-hmipv6-dns-optimization-01.txt
I am one of RA-camp :-), but I agree DHCPv6 is useful
in many cases.
However, in wireless networks, such as HMIPv6, NEMO
and MANET connected to the Internet,
RA-based DNS Discovery is indeed useful.
Thanks.

/Jaehoon Paul Jeong

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Soohong Daniel Park" <[email-masked]>
> 
> Hello 
> 
> This issue was discussed at the dnsop wg in vienna
> and is still work in progress...
> 
> You can touch with below draft related this issue.
>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery
> -00.txt
> Related drafts
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-jeong-nemo-ro-ndproxy-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-park-manet-dns-discovery-globa
> lv6-00.txt

__________________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search
http://shopping.yahoo.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 13:09:48 +0300 (EEST)

Hi,

Could we drop this thread here? :-)

IMHO, it's no use to try chase down this particular rathole in *this* 
working group as well.

Just state that the discovery/configuration of DNS is outside of the scope 
of this specification.  Additions can be defined separately in DNSOP or 
other WGs if need be.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings