Subject: Re: Comments on draft-jinmei-ipv6-rfc2462bis-00.txt

From: Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 05:47:05 +0900

>> 	my suggestion is to leave it SHOULD.
>you didnt justify why. makes no sense on an unprotected network.

	i did.  you did not quote my previous line.

>>	agree completely.  if you allow enemy to be on-link you are dead.
>>	my suggestion is to leave it SHOULD.

	this is just like physical security; if you allow people to enter
	computer room, security mechanisms are pertty moot as bad guys can use
	sledge hammer to break the computer.

itojun

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 12:59:33 -0800

> 	sledge hammer to break the computer.

it still does not make sense. even the IETF WLAN network is
unprotected. somebody could easily screw up your network
interface by replying to your DAD NS solicitation.

you are just making it simple for somebody to disable your
interface by leaving it as SHOULD.

Vijay

---

From: Vijay Devarapalli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:03:14 -0800

Vijay