Subject: Node Req: Issue31: DHCPv6 text

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 10:26:48 +0200

Hi all,

Pekka Savola raised a few editorial fixes on the node requirements, but
this is somewhat more substantial, so I'd like to see if the WG is OK
with it.

reword:

   For those IPv6 nodes that implement DHCP, those nodes MUST use DHCP
   upon the receipt of a Router Advertisement with the 'M' flag set (see
   section 5.5.3 of RFC2462).  In addition, in the absence of a router,
   IPv6 Nodes that implement DHCP MUST attempt to use DHCP.

to:

   Nodes that implement DHCPv6 MUST use DHCP upon the receipt of a 
   Router Advertisement with the 'M' flag set (see section 5.5.3 of 
   RFC2462).  In addition, in the absence of a router,
   IPv6 Nodes that implement DHCPv6 MUST attempt to use DHCPv6.  In this 
   context, 'use DHCP' means trying to obtain both address(es) and 
   other configuration information through DHCP.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------