Subject: Re: getnameinfo and various protocol types

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:12:02 -0500 (EST)

Hi Itojun,
>	my proposal:
>	define NI_UDP as replacement of NI_DGRAM.  deprecate NI_DGRAM (keep
>	it as an alias to NI_UDP is okay).  define NI_SCTP, NI_DCCP and such.
>	these three are mutually exclusive, and if more than one is specified
>	it would cause EAI_FAIL.
  In this case it would be better if getnameinfo returned EAI_BADFLAGS 
rather than EAI_FAIL as it is more indicative of the problem.

Regards
Suresh

>
>itojun
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
>[email-masked]
>Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: [email-masked] (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino)
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:16:11 +0900 (JST)

> rather than EAI_FAIL as it is more indicative of the problem.

	ok.

itojun