Subject: RE: IPv6 WG Last Call:draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-02.txt

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:30:13 -0800

>    Locally assigned global IDs MUST be generated with a pseudo-random
>    algorithm consistent with [RANDOM].
> 
> I would have like to see some stronger wording to explain that, in the
> self assigned case,
> choosing FD00::/48 is a very bad idea.

The draft already says that we MUST assign these numbers exactly one
way. Why on earth would we need to enumerate the 25 ways that should not
be used?

-- Christian Huitema

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Alain Durand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:52:00 -0800

>way. Why on earth would we need to enumerate the 25 ways that should not
Because there is one of those 25 ways that is very tempting and is known 
to be problematic.

    - Alain.