Subject: draft-ietf-ipv6-deprecate-site-local-03.txt

From: "Christian Huitema" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 20:01:40 -0800

Following IESG comments, Brian and I have prepared a new version of the
draft "Deprecating Site Local Addresses". To quote from the change
section:

   The changes from draft 02 to draft 03 take into account the IESG
   comments.
   
   A reference to the scoped addresses architecture draft has been
   added to section 2.1, in order to explain the usage of the % sign to
   document site numbers in site local addresses.
   
   Section 2.4 has been reworded following suggestions by Alex Zinin,
   essentially to change the tone from "this creates a problem" to
   "this would increase router implementation and management
   complexity".
   
   A new paragraph has been added to the security considerations,
   reiterating the issues due to ambiguity which were brought up in the
   preceding sections.
   
   The IANA considerations have been rewritten for greater precision.
   
   A duplicate reference to RFC 3513 has been removed.

The AD asked that we verify that these changes do not alter the (rough)
consensus of the WG, as noted during the WG last call.

-- Christian Huitema

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------