Subject: Protocol Action: 'IP Forwarding Table MIB' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2004 18:05:25 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IP Forwarding Table MIB '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2096-update-07.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Thomas Narten and Margaret Wasserman.

Technical Summary

This document defines a portion of the Management Information Base
(MIB) for use with network management protocols in the Internet
community.  In particular, it describes managed objects related to
the forwarding of Internet Protocol (IP) packets in an IP
version-independent manner.

It accomplishes this by utilizing the InetAddress TC to provide
IP address-independence on the management objects.  This allows
a single MIB to provide the same level of management for IPv4
and IPv6.

Working Group Summary

There was strong WG consensus for this document in both the IPv6
working group and the IPv6 MIB design team.

Protocol Quality

This document has undergone significant review by management experts.
In particular, Mike Heard performed a thorough MIB Doctor review on
this MIB. It has been reviewed for the IESG by Thomas Narten.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------