Subject: RE: comments on draft-hain-templin-ipv6-localcomm-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 01:47:54 +0200

Keith,

> it would really seem odd to me to use a "local address" to talk to a 
> host that is halfway across the world.

I read my local paper (from West Caldwell, NJ) on line at work
(Helsinki, Finland).  I still call it my local paper ...

John

> that, and I'm concerned that people will think that "local" means, or 
> is intended for, only the portion of the network that uses that same 
> prefix - and/or that it's reasonable to expect traffic to be filtered 
> at the edges of that portion of the network.
> 
> 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------