Subject: RFC 3697 on IPv6 Flow Label Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:30:17 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 3697

        Title:      IPv6 Flow Label Specification
        Author(s):  J. Rajahalme, A. Conta, B. Carpenter, S. Deering
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       March 2004
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 21296
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:    None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-flow-label-09.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3697.txt

This document specifies the IPv6 Flow Label field and the minimum
requirements for IPv6 source nodes labeling flows, IPv6 nodes
forwarding labeled packets, and flow state establishment methods.
Even when mentioned as examples of possible uses of the flow labeling,
more detailed requirements for specific use cases are out of scope for
this document.

The usage of the Flow Label field enables efficient IPv6 flow
classification based only on IPv6 main header fields in fixed
positions.

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group of the
IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.