Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 15:45:20 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection
	Author(s)	: N. Moore
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00.txt
	Pages		: 14
	Date		: 2004-3-23
	
Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection is an interoperable
   modification of the existing IPv6 Neighbour Discovery (RFC2461) and
   Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (RFC2462) process.  The intention
   is to minimize address configuration delays in the successful case
   without greatly increasing disruption in the less likely failure
   case, and while remaining interoperable with unmodified nodes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to 
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Nick 'Sharkey' Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 18:41:02 +1000

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-00.txt

G'day all,

	Well, IETF Seoul brought a consensus that this is to
become a working group item, so here it is :-).

	Thanks to Jinmei Tatuya, Pascal Thubert and Ahmet
Sekercioglu for their rapid feedback, I've tried to answer
your concerns in this version so let me know what you think!

	I think most of the small bugs are ironed out, so it's
time for the draft to undergo some serious scrutiny: eg, finding
the big bugs!  Specifically, I'd like to get reviews on:

	* internal IPv6 WG issues, eg: compatibility with
		RFC246[12]{bis} and friends;
	* network configuration work like SEND and DNA;
	* mobility solutions work like HIP, MOBIKE, MobileIPv6;
	* interaction with higher layer protocols.
	
	If you can provide a review from any of those points,
let me know ... I'll be putting together a web page tracking
issues, and I'd like to take an issues list to IETF San Diego.

thanks, 

-----Nick 'Sharkey' Moore.

PS: Slides from Seoul are up at <http://bluesky.zoic.org/sharkey/>.
Issue #1 is "NM: section 2 is rather waffly, whereas the slides are 
rather terse: seek a happy medium."

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------