Subject: Re: Question about the Site-local Unicast Address in IPv6

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:59:24 -0500 (EST)

Hi Difeng,
	The site-local addresses in IPv6 have been deprecated. One of the 
reasons for the deprecation was that the "site" was not clearly defined. 
Take a look at the unique local addresses draft to see if it meets your 
requirements.

draft-ietf-ipv6-unique-local-addr-03.txt

Regards
Suresh

On Fri, 2 Apr 2004, lidefeng wrote:

>Hi, all,
>
>There are many kinds of unicast address in IPv6, one of them is "site-local
>address", and it is designed for the address assignment
> in a single site. and you know, there is a concept of "site" in BGP/MPLS
>VPN too, could anyone please tell me if there is any difference between
>them, or are they the same meaning?
>
>TIA and Best Regards
>
>Defeng Li
>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
>[email-masked]
>Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------