Subject: RE: draft-jeong-dnsop-ipv6-dns-discovery-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 06:19:51 +0300

Markku,

> I would like to implement the above, but it is somewhat hard when
> there is no assigned type code from IANA. What does it require for
> IANA to assign a type code? (same goes with the preferred route
> option).

There's a proposal for early IANA assignment, see:

	Title		: Early IANA Allocation of Standards Track Codepoints
	Author(s)	: K. Kompella, A. Zinin
	Filename	: draft-kompella-zinin-early-allocation-01.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 2004-5-3
	
This memo discusses earlier allocation of code points by IANA as a
remedy to the problem created by the 'Standards Action' IANA policy
for protocols where, by the IETF process, implementation and
deployment experience is desired or required prior to publication.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-kompella-zinin-early-allocation-01.txt

However, this should be discussed elsewhere, I suppose.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------