Subject: Query:IPv6 Over ATM PVC Operation

From: arvind saproo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 19:14:17 +0530

Hi, 

  I have the following query regarding IPv6 Over ATM PVC operation
(rfc2492).

  I would appreciate if someone could answer the same.

 Query -

===== 

RFC does not clearly mention what to fill as the Source/Target

Link Layer address in the Source/Target Link Layer options 

of IND (Inverse ND) messages. 

Also, there is no mention of any reference document which

covers the same.

All that is said is [Section 3. PVC Environments] - 

"Since ATM PVC links do not use link-layer addresses, the link-layer

address options SHOULD not be included in any ND message [11].  If a

link-layer address option is present in an ND message, then the

option SHOULD be ignored."

Does this mean that we zero fill the Link Layer address in Source/Target 

Link Layer options of the IND messages?

This information must be clearly mentioned to avoid interoperability issues.

Thanks for your time,

Rgds,

arvind

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------