Subject: IPv6 WG Last Call:draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-01.txt

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 11:24:36 -0500

All,
      This starts a 2 week IPv6 working group last call on advancing:

	Title		: IP Version 6 over PPP
	Author(s)	: S. Varada, et al.
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-01.txt
	Pages	: 15
	Date		: 2004-6-9

to Draft Standard.  Substantive comments should be directed to the
mailing list.  Editorial comments can be sent to the document editor.
This last call will end on November 16, 2004.

Regards,
Bob & Brian
IPv6 WG co-chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 19:31:15 +0200 (EET)

> This last call will end on November 16, 2004.

My comments from Aug 1 still apply:

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipv6/current/msg03119.html

There was some discussion about this at the meeting, which 
unfortunately isn't minuted, but I dimly recall at least Jari Arkko 
suggesting that maybe the nodes might use some hints e.g. based on the 
link-layers used or the like.  Works for me as long as those are 
robust enough..

In any case, this seems to need a bit of tweaking.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings