Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2005 15:41:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection for IPv6
	Author(s)	: N. Moore
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 2005-1-3
	
Optimistic Duplicate Address Detection is an interoperable
   modification of the existing IPv6 Neighbor Discovery (RFC2461) and
   Stateless Address Autoconfiguration (RFC2462) process.  The intention
   is to minimize address configuration delays in the successful case,
   to reduce disruption as far as possible in the failure case and to
   remain interoperable with unmodified hosts and routers.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Nick 'Sharkey' Moore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 09:03:54 +1100

> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipv6-optimistic-dad-03.txt

Happy New Year, folks!

	well, it didn't quite make it through the process in December,
but so it goes.  I'm hoping that this edition makes it through with
just grammar nits (I've learned that these are inevitable!) and can
go through Last Call soon.  It hasn't actually got any much longer,
I've just been a bit less frugal with pagination in the interests
of readability.

	The changes basically take into account Jinmei and James K's
comments, and add Appendix A, which contains some discussion of
collision probabilities based on the work in the expired
draft-soto-mobileip-random-iids-00 ... the appendix text is new, and
needs a little work, but it's non-normative so I figure the nits
can get hammered out without slowing the LC.

Best wishes for 2005!

-----Nick