Subject: [NDProxy#18] Dynamic removal of proxy

From: "Dave Thaler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 19:56:06 -0800

Summary:
Requirements section says removal of a proxy should not adversely
disrupt the network.  However, removing a proxy can break
connectivity that previously went through the proxy.  Hence 
the document is not self-consistent.

Discussion so far:
http://www.icir.org/dthaler/NDProxyIssues.htm#Issue%2018

I agree with Brian Haberman that this is equivalent to a network 
failure or re-design, which I agree with Erik does adversely affect
the network.  I think the requirement itself was bad in this regard.

The problematic text in section 3 is:
> o    Allow dynamic addition/removal of a proxy without adversely
>      disrupting the network.

Proposed replacement text:
> o    Allow dynamic addition of a proxy without adversely disrupting
>      the network.

-Dave

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------