Subject: Agenda items for Minneapolis

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 10:18:58 -0500

All,
      The chairs are in the process of formulating the agenda for
the IPv6 WG session in Minneapolis.  Please let us know if there
are topics you wish to present.

Regards,
Brian & Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 13:51:50 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

=> if someone from 3GPP/3GPP2 supports this, I can present the IMEI/MEID
for interface ID draft (draft-dupont-ipv6-imei-08.txt).

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: "Soininen Jonne (Nokia-NET/Helsinki)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 15:15:09 +0200

Francis,

we have discussed this already in the past. Using the IMEI to construct
the IPv6 IID is neither necessary nor recommended/wanted by the
3GPP/3GPP2 communities. 3GPP and 3GPP2 phones and networks use different
mechanism to determine the IID. If they have multiple interfaces
including for instance WLAN, again they can the EUI numbers on those for
the IID generation.

As IMEI can identify the phone (it is the phone's serial number) it can
be even seen as a privacy problem. 

So, at least, I do _not_ support this item. 

Cheers,

Jonne.
-- 
Jonne Soininen
Nokia

Tel: +358 40 527 46 34
E-mail: [email-masked]