Subject: draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-06.txt and affect on RFC3542

From: Kristine Adamson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:13:37 -0700

Hello,
   Draft draft-ietf-ipngwg-icmp-v3-06.txt adds 3 new ICMPv6 codes to the 
Destination Unreachable type.  RFC3542, Advanced Sockets Application 
Program Interface (API) for IPv6, provides the programming definitions for 
the ICMPv6 types/codes.  RFC3542 already defines one of the new codes:  
#define ICMP6_DST_UNREACH_BEYONDSCOPE 2 /* beyond scope of source address 
*/

Will RFC3542 be updated to include the definitions for the additional 2 
new codes:
5 - source address failed ingress/egress policy
6 - reject route to destination 

Thanks,

Kristine Adamson
IBM z/OS Communications Server: TCP/IP Development
Internet e-mail:[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2005 11:49:36 +0900

>>>>> On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 06:13:37 -0700, 
>>>>> Kristine Adamson <[email-masked]> said:

> 6 - reject route to destination 

Perhaps yes, although I think introducing just two new ICMPv6 types
doesn't require a revision of RFC3542.  Someday, when we have enough
possible updates for the API, a new version will include the new
ICMPv6 types.

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.
					[email-masked]