Subject: generic network model

From: "Abid Ghufran" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:56:54 +0500

I am helping someone do an MS thesis. For that it is required to have a
"generic network model" over which to simulate various transport mechanisms.

Among all the documents specifying IPv6, is there any set of documents,
which could be used to come up with a generic network model, including
parameters/elements which later on, could be adapted according to the
specifics of IPv4 and/or IPv6.

Regards,

Abid Ghufran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:38:26 +0930

Hi Abid,

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 14:56:54 +0500

> specifics of IPv4 and/or IPv6.

Vint Cerf's "THE CATENET MODEL FOR INTERNETWORKING", available at 

http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/ien/ien48.txt

might be a possible starting point for your generic networking model.

You may already have it if you are a copy of the RFC archive, it is in
the "ien" subdirectory, located below where all the RFCs are.

Regards,
Mark.

-- 

    The Internet's nature is peer to peer.

---

From: Mark Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:43:29 +0930

On Sun, 27 Mar 2005 13:38:26 +0930
Mark Smith <[email-masked]> wrote:

Oops, that was intended to be offlist. Oh well, might be useful to others.

Sorry.

--