Subject: draft-ietf-ipv6-inet-tunnel-mib-03.txt

From: "Balasubramania N. Pillai" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2005 18:36:21 -0500

Hi,

I am trying to implement the tunnel mib and I am a little bit confused on
how to configure the tunnel IP address.

The draft specifies that the tunnelIfLocalInetAddress is to be used to
configure the source address used in the outer IP header.

How do I configure the IP address used in the inner IP header. Am I supposed
to use the tunnelInetConfigLocalAddress.

Thanks
Balu
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2005 15:25:41 -0500 (EST)

Hi Balu,

> How do I configure the IP address used in the inner IP header. Am I
> supposed to use the tunnelInetConfigLocalAddress.

You need to use the ifStackTable mechanism of the interfaces MIB to 
associate the tunnel interface with its IP address. You cannot do it using
just the tunnel MIB.

Cheers
Suresh