Subject: Way Forward: draft-ietf-ipv6-ra-mo-flags

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 09:36:42 -0400

All,
      The on-going discussion on the M/O flags and DHCPv6 has
been quite useful.  The IPv6 chairs are glad that collaboration is
occurring on potentially simplifying the operational behavior of
DHCPv6.

      The messages have indicated that the WG sees consensus on
changing the contents of the M/O flags draft.  Namely, that the M/O
flags are hints to the existence of stateful and stateless DHCPv6
servers respectively.  Additionally, the draft should refrain from
defining operational policy since that area is better understood by
the implementers and the users of the systems.

      We strongly encourage everyone to continue working with the
DHC WG to come to a resolution on the DHCPv6 behavior while
this draft is revised and continues on with advancement.

Regards,
Brian & Bob
IPv6 WG co-chairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------