Subject: RE: ICMP Security Problem?

From: "Lowe Chris" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2005 14:13:57 -0400

Bob--

  Slashdot is posting old news???  That is so unusual!  ;) 

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Bob Hinden
Sent: Thursday, July 07, 2005 12:59 PM
To: James Kempf
Cc: IPV6 WG
Subject: Re: ICMP Security Problem?

James,

At 09:46 AM 07/07/2005, James Kempf wrote:
>A friend sent me this reference. I have not looked into this in detail,

>so this may be a well-known problem:
>
>http://kerneltrap.org/node/5382

There is a thread on /. about this today as well.  I think most of this
is old news.  The new ICMPv6 update that is being worked on has a major
revision to the Security Considerations section that should cover these
issues.  If I remember correctly, the work in V6OPS that the article
refers to was fed into the new ICMPv6 draft.

Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------