Subject: RE: Distribution of RFC 3484 address selection policies

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 06:13:19 +0300

Stig,

> Do you agree this is something that should be solved? It's probably
> a good idea to discuss that before going into particular solutions.

I think this is a good thing to work on. I'd like to point out that
there are several related pieces of work interested in similar functionality.
The monami bof is interested in multihoming and address selection for
MIPv6 - I was unable to attend that bof, so I don't know how that turned
out.  Also, address selection in a multihomed environment will be very
useful for shim6.

I'm thinking that if there are some other groups looking at similar 
functions, that should point to a need to work on solutions.

John

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------