Subject: Protocol Action: 'IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration' to Draft Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 17:56:51 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration '
   <draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-08.txt> as a Draft Standard

This document is the product of the IP Version 6 Working Group Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Margaret Wasserman and Mark Townsley.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-08.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the steps a host takes in deciding how to
   autoconfigure its interfaces in IP version 6.  The autoconfiguration
   process includes generating a link-local address, generating global
   addresses via stateless address autoconfiguration, and the Duplicate
   Address Detection procedure to verify the uniqueness of the addresses
   on a link.

   This document is an update to RFC2462, based on implementation
   and deployment experience.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document  was produced by the IPv6 WG.

Protocol Quality
 
   This document was reviewed for the IESG by Margaret Wasserman.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------