Subject: RE: RFC4294: Neighbor Discovery for IPv6

From: "Soliman, Hesham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 22:06:39 -0700

There are some detailed descriptions about Neighbor Discovery in
the new RFC4294: IPv6 Node Requirements.  I'm wondering if all of them
apply on point-to-point links since there's no particular link type
specified in the RFC.  For example, it is said in the RFC that Neighbor
Unreachability Detection (NUD) MUST be supported for all paths between
hosts and neighboring nodes. So people can say NUD must be implemented
on all kinds of links including a p2p link, is it right? 
	 
	=> Yes this is correct. 
	 
	Hesham 

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Templin, Fred L" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 08:57:07 -0700

I would like to see something a bit more inclusive in (RFC2461(bis),
section 6.3.6) for default router selection when not all routers on the
link are equivalent, e.g., when a wireless host sees routers with
varying link quality. Suggestion is to simply change:
 
   INCOMPLETE state, or for which no Neighbor Cache entry exists).
to:
   INCOMPLETE state, for which no Neighbor Cache entry exists, etc.).
 
This could either go in the next draft version or as an AUTH48 item.
(Also the reference for [LD-SHRE] is missing.)
 
Fred
[email-masked]
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------