Subject: The IPv6 Day: Bye 6Bone. Hi, IPv6 !

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 01:40:24 +0200

Today 6Bone Operators & Users say bye to the experimental network which
allowed, already some years ago, to turn IPv6 into the production space.

With the occasion of this virtual celebration, we have a couple of quotes
from two key people on this subject:

* Bob Fink (6Bone Project): ³After more than ten years of planning,
development and experience with IPv6, with efforts from all around the
world, it is gratifying for me to see the 6Bone phase-out on the 6th of June
2006, having served it's purpose to stimulate IPv6 deployment and
experience, leaving IPv6 a healthy ongoing component of the future of the
Internet!²

* Brian Carpenter (IBM, co-author of multiple IPv6 RFCs and IETF chair):
³It's very encouraging to see IPv6 moving forward both technically and
commercially, with its address assignments now routinely managed by the same
registries that look after the rapidly diminishing IPv4 address pool. I look
forward to the day the Internet reaches ten billion active nodes with public
addresses, which will only be possible with IPv6.²

Users can learn how to enable IPv6, enjoy free IPv6 production connectivity
and use some trial services at the IPv6 Day web site
(http://www.ipv6day.org) (in several languages).

http://www.ipv6tf.org/news/newsroom.php?id=2037

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Slides available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------