Subject: Re:Next Generation Networks

From: "Daniel Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 07:08:21 +0900

Guillaume,

First off, your question seems a bit ambiguous. Do you want to
transmit IPv6 packets over 802.20 networks ? If yes, it is not a big
issues. Rather, you should study on how to transmit IPv6 packets over
802.20 networks. IETF has many experiences regarding IPv6 over foo. If
you are awaring of any specific characteristics of 802.20 networks,
these should be analyzed first, then bring it to IETF. Example: 16ng
(IP over 802.16 networks). Also, choosing a specific solution among
FMIP, Momani, 802.21 depends on your purpose as well as application.
In short, IETF is ready for helping out with the working in every L2
technologies.

Hope this helps.

Daniel

==================================

Misters,

Happy New year to you :) !

Let me introduce myself : Guillaume FORTAINE, French engineer in informatics.

I found your research projects because I am currently researching people with
a strong background in Networking. Me and my collaborator have a team of NASA
and Nokia engineers.We would want to start a project to develop
a new standard a la 802.20 but without repeating/or correcting the past error
from IPv6 ( included in MAC/PHY layer of 802.20).

For the HandOver part, we have not made the final choice :

There are FMIPv6:

http://www.fmipv6.org/

or Monami6 :

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/monami6-charter.html

or 802.21 :

http://www.ieee802.org/21/

Dr. Jose Morales Barroso from L&M Data Communications
sent me this link andI believe of interest for you the following paper,
presented at the last eChallenges Conference:

http://www.lmdata.es/uets/eChallenges-e2006-uets-paper.pdf

To quote :

"Your comments are welcomed."

We look forward to your answer,

Best Regards,

Guillaume

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

-- 

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)
Mobile Convergence Laboratory, SAMSUNG Electronics.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Guillaume FORTAINE <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:14:50 +0100

On Monday 22 January 2007 23:08, Daniel Park wrote:
> issues. 

Stupid question : What is an IPv6 packet ? If it was so "easy", I believe that 
we would already be in an IPv6 World ...

> Rather, you should study on how to transmit IPv6 packets over 
> 802.20 networks.

As IP ( v4 & v6 ) is already in the MAC/PHY layer, I don't see what we can 
analyse here ... It is not like 16ng ( below ) ...

> IETF has many experiences regarding IPv6 over foo. If 

Thank you :)

Best Regards,

		Guillaume

---

From: "Daniel Park" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 09:32:14 +0900

Guillaume,

Inline:

> we would already be in an IPv6 World ...

You are digressing from the core. I didn't say any IPv6 world, but
just wanted to let you know IP over foo could be dealt with IETF as
well. IPv6 world, um... it does not belong to IETF.

<snip>

--