Subject: Re: Routing Header Type 0 way forward

From: Tim Enos <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:12:22 -0500 (CDT)

<snip>

>As for intercontinental links: as an ISP, I wouldn't mind my  
>customers ping-ponging the same packet back and forth: this uses more  
>bandwidth, so I make more money.

Given the potential for degradation of service (if not outright DoS) via a sufficient # of ping-ponged packets (bw loss), the potential of said ISP not making its SLA with customers increases. If enough SLAs are missed over a long enough period of time, this would seem to result in an ISP losing money because some affected customers would go to another carrier (and potentially file suit for breach of contract).

>
>
>--------------------------------------------------------------------
>IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
>[email-masked]
>Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
>--------------------------------------------------------------------

Best Regards,

Tim Enos
Rom 8:28

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------