Subject: New Central ULA Draft (draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-central-02.txt)

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 18:06:21 -0700

Hi,

Now that the new central ULA draft is out, I wanted to add a few  
words of explanation.

The current authors got involved because we received a request from  
people in the RIR community who thought there was merit in the  
central ULA idea and a discussion had started in the RIRs.  A lot has  
changed since the previous central ULA draft was published and we  
thought there was value in publishing a updated draft that defines a  
feasible technical approach.  We believe the new draft does this.   
It's not perfect, but describes what we think at the important  
elements and requirements.

I think I can speak for all of the authors in that none of us are  
completely certain this is necessary, but we all think that if there  
is going to be a debate in the IETF and RIR communities, then the  
debate should be on a document that represents a viable solution.   
None of us has a "religious" position on this and will be just as  
happy if it the idea goes back to sleep.  If there is community  
support, we will push it through the process.

Bob

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------