Subject: re: Internet Draft Submission Manager: draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-global-01.txt

From: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 23:29:54 +0000

i took a copy of ula-central-02 and modded it with my current thinking and
submitted it as a new draft.  i did three things wrong, first i didn't ask
the authors of central-02 if they wanted to be listed as authors of global-01
(but i didn't remove their names since a lot of the text was written by them).
second, i missed the cutoff for new drafts by a day.  third, i called it -01
rather than -00 even though its a new document not just a new revision (but
note, if the other guys want to take this idea into central-03 i'd abandon
global-01 in a heartbeat.)

anyway it's at <http://sa.vix.com/~vixie/ula-global.txt> and comments are
welcome here on ipv6@ even though i guess we won't be discussing it in
chicago since i'm a day late.

re:

Subject: [Auto Response] draft-ietf-ipv6-ula-global-01.txt
From: Internet Draft Submission Manager <[email-masked]>
To: Paul Vixie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 16:27:49 -0400

Greetings:

This message is being sent to acknowledge receipt of your Internet-Draft
submission or message to [email-masked].  Please note that the
pre-meeting cutoff date for new documents (i.e., version -00 
Internet-Drafts) was Monday, July 2 at 9:00 AM ET.
Your submission was received after this time.  The Internet-Drafts 
administrator will examine your submission, and the posting decision 
will be made as follows:

* If you submitted a version -00 Internet-Draft before the cutoff 
  deadline, then your document will be posted on the Internet-Drafts 
  page of the IETF Web site as soon as possible, and an I-D Action 
  message will be sent to the I-D Announce List.  If your document was
  submitted before the cutoff deadline, but was rejected due to 
  boilerplate or format issues, then the Internet-Drafts administrator 
  will work with you to attempt to resolve these issues and post the 
  document in time for the meeting. 

* If you submitted a version -00 Internet-Draft after the cutoff 
  deadline, then your document will NOT be processed until on or after 
  Monday, July 23 at 9:00 AM ET, when Internet-Draft 
  posting resumes.

* If you submitted a version -01 or higher Internet-Draft, then your 
  document will be posted on the Internet-Drafts page of the IETF Web 
  site as soon as possible, and an I-D Action message will be sent to 
  the I-D Announce List.

As you may be aware, the pre-meeting cutoff date for updated submissions
is Monday, July 9 at 9:00 AM ET.  Since the 
Secretariat receives a large number of Internet-Drafts in the week 
preceding the cutoff date for updated submissions, your document may 
not be processed and announced for a number of days.  Our goal is to 
process and announce all valid pre-meeting Internet-Draft submissions 
by Friday, July 13 at the latest.  
If you need to track the status of your Internet-Draft submission, then
please send a note to [email-masked] (using the suggested subject
line Status of I-D Submission: <filename>) and reference this 
auto-response acknowledgement in the body.

Please note that all Internet-Drafts offered for publication as RFCs 
must conform to the requirements specified in the ID-Checklist 
(http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html) or they will be returned to the
author(s) for revision.  Therefore, the IETF Secretariat strongly 
recommends that you address all of the issues raised in this document 
before submitting a request to publish your Internet-Draft to the IESG.

The IETF Secretariat

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------