Subject: RFC 4862 on IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:32:57 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4862

        Title:      IPv6 Stateless Address Autoconfiguration 
        Author:     S. Thomson, T. Narten,
                    T. Jinmei
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 72482
        Obsoletes:  RFC2462
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-rfc2462bis-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4862.txt

This document specifies the steps a host takes in deciding how to
autoconfigure its interfaces in IP version 6.  The autoconfiguration
process includes generating a link-local address, generating global
addresses via stateless address autoconfiguration, and the Duplicate
Address Detection procedure to verify the uniqueness of the addresses
on a link.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------