Subject: RFC 5072 on IP Version 6 over PPP

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 15:33:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5072

        Title:      IP Version 6 over PPP 
        Author:     S.Varada, Ed.,
                    D. Haskins, E. Allen
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      16
        Characters: 33910
        Obsoletes:  RFC2472
        See-Also:   

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ipv6-over-ppp-v2-03.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5072.txt

The Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP) provides a standard method of
encapsulating network-layer protocol information over
point-to-point links.  PPP also defines an extensible Link Control
Protocol, and proposes a family of Network Control Protocols
(NCPs) for establishing and configuring different network-layer
protocols.

This document defines the method for sending IPv6 packets over PPP
links, the NCP for establishing and configuring the IPv6 over PPP,
and the method for forming IPv6 link-local addresses on PPP links.

It also specifies the conditions for performing Duplicate Address
Detection on IPv6 global unicast addresses configured for PPP
links either through stateful or stateless address
autoconfiguration.

This document obsoletes RFC 2472.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the IP Version 6 Working Group
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
 Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
 status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------