Subject: FW: New Version Notification for draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-determination-02

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:34:13 -0500

Folks,

We have recast our draft into an "IPv6 Subnet Model" draft. After
discussing with Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark it was felt that the
IPv6 subnet model is really not explained anywhere in any existing IPv6
document. That is why we recast our draft and also welcomed Erik as a
co-author to our draft - please see the text of the new Abstract below.

The new version has a lot of sections removed from the old draft. A very
short new version now exists for review.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-d
etermination-02.txt

Thanks.

Hemant, Wes, and Erik.

-----Original Message-----
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2008 1:59 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: Wes Beebee (wbeebee); [email-masked]
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-determination-02 

A new version of I-D,
draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-determination-02.txt has been
successfuly submitted by Hemant Singh and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-determination
Revision:	 02
Title:		 IPv6 Subnet Model
Creation_date:	 2008-02-25
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 9

Abstract:
IPv6 specifies a model of a subnet that is different than the IPv4
subnet model.  The subtlety of the differences has turned out to cause
interoperability problems.  This note spells out the most important
difference; that an IPv6 address isn't automatically associated with an
IPv6 on-link subnet prefix.

The IETF Secretariat.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------