Subject: Re: FW: New Version Notification for draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-determination-02

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2008 15:36:20 -0800

At Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:34:13 -0500,
"Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> We have recast our draft into an "IPv6 Subnet Model" draft. After
> discussing with Thomas Narten and Erik Nordmark it was felt that the
> IPv6 subnet model is really not explained anywhere in any existing IPv6
> document. That is why we recast our draft and also welcomed Erik as a
> co-author to our draft - please see the text of the new Abstract below.
> 
> The new version has a lot of sections removed from the old draft. A very
> short new version now exists for review.

I've read the draft and found that this version is now clear and has a
point.  I generally support this document.  One minor comment is that
it'd be better to clarify (more clearly) that this document doesn't
introduce any new rule but clarifies some points that have often been
misunderstood.  The Security Considerations section mention that (for
a different purpose), but I think it's better to state it earlier,
probably in the Introduction.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2008 08:28:59 -0500

Hi Jinmei,

Thanks for the review and general support for this draft. Your point is
well taken and we will consider adding such a line early on in the doc,
like in the Introduction section as you suggested.

Best Regards.

Hemant

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, March 06, 2008 6:36 PM
To: Hemant Singh (shemant)
Cc: [email-masked]; Erik Nordmark
Subject: Re: FW: New Version Notification for
draft-wbeebee-on-link-and-off-link-determination-02 

At Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:34:13 -0500,
"Hemant Singh (shemant)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> IPv6 subnet model is really not explained anywhere in any existing 
> IPv6 document. That is why we recast our draft and also welcomed Erik 
> as a co-author to our draft - please see the text of the new Abstract
below.
> 
> The new version has a lot of sections removed from the old draft. A 
> very short new version now exists for review.

I've read the draft and found that this version is now clear and has a
point.  I generally support this document.  One minor comment is that
it'd be better to clarify (more clearly) that this document doesn't
introduce any new rule but clarifies some points that have often been
misunderstood.  The Security Considerations section mention that (for a
different purpose), but I think it's better to state it earlier,
probably in the Introduction.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya