Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-soft-errors (TCP's Reaction to Soft Errors) to Informational RFC

From: JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉<[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:47:30 -0700

At Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:40:14 +0200,
Lars Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:

> the second last call has ended, but I didn't see a review from the v6  
> community. (But maybe I missed it in the pile of unread email that  
> built up during my vacation.)
> 
> Are the v6 folks OK with this document? If yes, I'd like to move this  
> forward after the gen-art review has been addressed.

In case it's not too late, I'm fine with this document.

I have some minor comments (on the 08 version):

- it refers to draft-ietf-v6ops-v6onbydefault-03, but this document
  has been published as RFC4943.
- RFC4861 deprecates the "on-link by default" rule, so the situation
  is not as bad as described in Section 3.2, at least with newer
  implementations that follow the latest RFC.  The main point of this
  draft still holds, so I think this is a minor issue.

As a meta-level comment, I hope the workaround described in Section
4.1 will be more widely adopted and deployed.  It's a pity that this
document will be published as informational in this sense because it
won't affect implementors who would rather be compliant to standards.
This is probably a compromise after a political war, however, so I
won't object to that conclusion.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------