Subject: icmpv6 draft doubt

From: "prejeeth kaladharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 17:59:10 +0530

Hi All,

With regard to RFC 4443 erratta,

*http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=4443*

*o  Appendix A contains the change item:*
* - "Added specification that all ICMP error messages shall have
exactly**32 bits of type-specific data, so that receivers can reliably
find
** the embedded invoking packet even when they don't recognize the**ICMP
message Type**"*

* *Please let me know if anything additional needs to be taken care by
existing implementations to support the above said information, with regard
to RFC 4443 compliance, since **the previous ICMPv6 draft already had a 32
bit type specific information in its ICMPv6 message format.

With regards,

Prejeeth.K
--------------------------------------------------------------------
IETF IPv6 working group mailing list
[email-masked]
Administrative Requests: https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipv6
--------------------------------------------------------------------